I am so glad this week is over. I’ve been getting progressively sicker (I have the Snot Sick) as the week has gone on, and I need some rest. Big time.
My Weight Watchers meeting is tomorrow morning, and I can’t wait. I’m not excited to weigh in by any means, but I need a new week. Seriously. My goals last week were:
1. Drink 64oz of water daily. Fail. Fail! I was doing ok until The Snot arrived. I don’t know about you, but when I have a cold, I can’t drink water because it tastes like…well, snot. So I’ve been drinking soda (horrible, I know) and lots of tea.
2. Earn 15 Activity Points Another fail. I decided I would start getting up at 6am and run at least three times a week. But I got caught up in getting cold weather gear (I still need to make a decision), and I opted to sleep late because of The Sick.
3. End the week with 20 Weekly Points Left Ummmm…nope. In fact, I’m 83 points in the hole. 83. That’s a lot of donuts.
So, yeah. Not great. But I can’t change it now.
This coming week includes Thanksgiving, which will be a challenge. Dinner isn’t that bad for me because I’ve always tended to focus on filling my plate with veggies anyway (I’m not a big fan of turkey), but I do love pie. I’m going to enjoy myself that day because I only have some of those desserts once a year. I’ll enjoy them and then wait until next November to indulge again. I think. That’s my plan at the moment, anyway.
Here are my goals for the week of November 19-25:
1. Drink 64 oz of water at least 5 days. I still have the cold, so I don’t think I’ll want water this weekend. But I’m hoping I’m back to normal(ish) by Monday.
2. Earn at least 15 Activity Points. Again, I’m going to rest this weekend and hope to feel normal by Monday. If I don’t run, I have a whole set of Richard Simmons dvds that I can use (don’t judge).
3. Stay on track every day except for Thanksgiving Day. I will track that day, but I’m not going to freak out if I go over my points. I’ll be extra diligent the rest of the days of the week.
Hopefully, next week I’ll set different goal, but I need to work on these first.
How do you stay on track when you don’t feel well or on holidays? I could use some guidance?