I just got back from a week with my family (husband, The Kid, my mom, and my dad) in Ocean City, NJ. We’ve been going here since I was a wee lass, and it’s one of my favorite places.
It wasn’t a terribly relaxing vacation. Spending time on the beach is no longer about reading a book, playing in the water, or anything like that. It’s about keeping an eye on The Kid, who, at 16 months old, is full of boundless energy. I was worried he’d swallow sand or salt water (he did, and survived) or get snatched (he didn’t). He had a wonderful time playing in the sand and water. He tired very quickly of the annoying paparazzi that followed him.
So, now that I’m home, I’m a bit overwhelmed. I’m trying to get back onto the weight loss wagon, getting ready for the fall semester, along with normal household things. I really just want to take a nap and ignore it all, but I can’t.
I need to make a plan.
1. Go back to WW meetings. One of my friends from grad school just joined WW. I can go to her Saturday morning meeting (which sounds cooler than mine). It’s 15 more minutes of driving one way, but I’ll get to see her, and I’ll have a WW buddy locally.
2. Track all food. I slacked off on tracking while on vacation. I started again on Saturday when I got home. I’m tracking using my phone and the 3 month paper journal (I can give myself stickers that way).
3. EAT HEALTHIER. I may have been eating within my points (mostly), but I’ve been making crappy choices. I need to eat healthy, unprocessed, whole foods. This will help with #4.
4. MOVE MY ASS. Once my ankle started bothering me two weeks ago, I slacked off on C25K. I need to get back to that, and do something physical daily. I’m going to start using the gym at work, and am considering joining the local Y as well so that I can take advantage of their classes, childcare (while I work out), and pool. Also, I purchased a Groupon for Easton Yoga so I’ll have a month of unlimited classes. I’ve never tried yoga before, and I’m excited!
5. Schedule. My fall semester is going to be very busy (I’m teaching 5 classes between 2 colleges), so planning is going to be key.
6. Socialize. I have a wonderful support system online with Twitter, but I need more “real life” support. I need to find a running group, walking group, or something. I’m going to sign up for two more 5K’s, and I’ll make a point of connecting with people there.
7. Writing. I need to make time to write, so I’ll be working in 1-2 hours per week of blogging/writing time.
So, that’s the plan as it stands right now. Kick me in the ass if I don’t stick to it!